Welcome to swim team!
Hey Sharks! It’s hard to believe we’ll be in the water in just over a week! We wanted to send out a few important reminders before the season starts.
- First practice has been pushed back to Monday, May 23rd.
- Practices are M/T/W/Th afternoons for all swimmers and Sat mornings for ages 7&up
- You do not need to tell us if you can’t make a practice, unless you will be gone for multiple days.
Weather Updates: all weather delays and cancellations will be sent out via Swimtopia alert messages. Please download the free Swimtopia app and enable notifications on your phone.
- Parents, please refrain from talking with our coaching staff during practice hours. This rule is in place to ensure the safety of all our swimmers. We transition quickly between age groups, and our coaches need to be focused on our swimmers while on the pool deck and in the water.
- We have a well trained and experienced coaching staff. Trust them to instruct your swimmer! We ask parents to watch practice from the chairs on the pool deck. Please don’t stand around the sides or ends of the pool during practices.
- Siblings ARE NOT allowed in the pool or splash area during practices until the pool is open regular hours (i.e. if you see a pool lifeguard on duty, your other children can be in the water!)
- All pool rules apply during swim team hours – children under 12 need to be accompanied by an adult.
- Swimmers can wear any suit for practice, but we encourage racing style suits for all ages at practices. Swimmers age 7 and up are required to wear a black racing style swim suit for meets (speedo/TYR/nike/etc). NOTE: School suits and year round team suits and caps ARE NOT allowed by our league at meets, which will be enforced this year.
- Silicone caps will be distributed for all swimmers age 7 and up. Please take care of your cap, we will not issue new caps during the season.